The goal of this project is to allow the use of the entire
Globus toolkit from
Python, a high-level scripting language.
SWIG is used to generate the necessary interface code.
Currently the majority of the 2.4 versions and later of the Globus toolkit have been wrapped
- Provide a clean object-oriented interface to the Globus toolkit.
- Provide similar performance to using the underlying C code as much as possible.
- Minimize the number of changes necessary when aspects of Globus change.
- Where possible, make Globus as natural to use from Python as possible. For example,
the io module allows the manipulation of GSITcpSocket as Python socket objects.
Any comments, complaints, suggestions should be sent to Keith Jackson.
Python 2.3 and up.
- Globus versions 2.4.3 and later. For versions 3.0 and
later the globus C libraries must be installed.
SVN pyGlobus: Get the latest version
- svn co https://bossog.lbl.gov/repos/pyGlobus/trunk/
MDS and python-ldap instructions for making the python-ldap module work with MDS
PEG Python Extensions for the Grid, pyNWS, etc